Sponsoring a community requires EUR 30 a month.
How morning tears uses sponsorship funds:
- We do not give your contribution directly to the individual children. We combine the donations and these funds go towards the total cost of assisting all the children in our care.
- The actual cost of helping one child per month is EUR 26. For every sponsor we can find, we provide one child with all basic requirements, e.g. clothes, food, basic medical care and schooling.
- We use EUR 4 of your contribution for our organization´s overhead cost.
- We keep you informed about our financial situation in the section called "financial barometer" in our quarterly newsletter.
- More information on our commitment to use your contribution as efficiently as possible can be found in the "morning tears charter".
Our link with you:
- For all your sponsorship enquiries you will be in contact with our Community Sponsorship Coordinator. He/She will be available to answer any questions you may have.
- We keep you informed about what is happening in the organization through our emailed newsletter and Community newspaper.
- All communication with you will be via email.
Visiting our projects or sending a gift:
- Some sponsors occasionally wish to send gifts. If this is your case we will first seek advice from the people who care for the children and they will inform us as to whether the gift you wish to send is appropriate for the age of the children.
- If you visit the region, you are very welcome to come to see our children?s village. If you want to do so, however, please contact your community sponsorship coordinator prior to your journey. He/She will arrange a hotel pick-up and a translator for you. In line with child protection guidelines for international organizations, we do not allow unaccompanied visits. A morning tears worker, generally a translator, will join you.
The financial transaction:
- Your contribution can be transferred monthly (EUR 30), quarterly (EUR 90), every half year (EUR 180) or yearly (EUR 360).
- You can transfer the amount into one of our accounts in Belgium, The Netherlands, Spain, Denmark or China. Costs of international transactions are paid by the sender. Note: Within the EU financial transactions do not entail any financial costs.
- In China you can send the amount in EUR or in the corresponding amount in CNY (Chinese Yuan).
3 steps toward your sponsorship of a morning tears community:
- You have just read this information (download 'All you need to know about sponsoring a morning tears community');
- Please complete the online 'Community sponsorship agreement'-form;
- As soon as we receive both this form and your first financial contribution, we will send you a notice that we consider you a part of our sponsorship community.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact us!